Leadership is a way of attention and motivates the group/team to make them possible to reach their goals. It may includes being liable and responsible for the group/team as a whole.
A true leader should:
- provide stability and trust
- be flexible in changes of direction
Well, a leader should always be a step ahead of the team, but not too far to be able to understand and follow them.
Leaders must have a wide range of skills, techniques and policies that include:
- Communication skills
- Awareness of the large environment in which the team works.
Different Ideas of Leadership
There is an argument whether leadership should be focused in one person or distributed among the team.
Usually, a permanent team leader would be chosen by more senior levels of management. This system depend on the idea that one single person has all the strengths which is required for a leader.
Then again, it has been argued that “on the best teams, taking charge in areas where they have specific strengths. No one is a permanent leader, as that person would then stop to be a equal and the team interaction would begin to break down”.
This method would get rid of the problem of a leader being cut off from his/her group.
It must be accentuated; yet, the stability and concentration of the group must not be lost. Therefore, the best things may be to have a permanent leader who is flexible enough not only to hand over the responsibility for individual tasks, but also let others take leadership of the team as necessary.
As we all know that online admission is easy and simple to apply, we also discussed about the advantages of it. Meanwhile, there are few issues about the online admission face by the students which makes them not so keen into the online admission. Below can be the reasons behind this:
- At the time of payment, first word that comes to mind is “Phishing” which raise huge questions about the site whether it is genuine or not? As there are many cases about different sites which are not really existing/fake website. This really confuses the mind of students.
- While getting admission from the online, Students with a good aggregate are definitely expecting good response from each university they apply in. When time starts to run out, the situation for the student is very critical. He has a tendency to recourse to other alternatives and ends up choosing a sub standard university or pay a premium amount for his admission. Likewise, when there are uncertain responses from universities the students are puzzled and misled.
- And lastly, the internet problems. The traffic on admission websites is very high during the time of admission which slows down the response time and even unexpected failures which leaves the student in uncertainty; if his submitted form was processed or not, in some cases it leads to the same student applying many times. Universities on the inconsistent reject such issues and approve the online admission process as most apt.
Even though we see many issues with the online process, we have to understand that the advantages are far more when comparing to the present admission process. These issues are due to the fact that the process is still evolving but this will be the only way forward. A university/college can’t manage to talk to all candidates and in turn a candidate too cannot walk in to all possible universities/colleges. Only an online process gives him the option to reach out to as many universities/colleges as possible.
Points to note in booking an admission online:
1) Read the terms and conditions carefully.
2) Create a professional email address which is to be used only for college applications and make sure that any content used on that page is suitable and considered professional.
3) Check the codes of all that colleges you are interested in attending.
4) By doing a quick online search, you can find some information available for public.
5) Regarding the payment, one should know the following safety tips:
· Check for the realness of the website.
· Check for VeriSign seal.
· If any case you find the website is not genuine, close immediately.
· Always keep the payment confirmation with you till joining of the college.
· If there is any error in the process of making the payment, bring it to the notice of the institution and also to the technical team of the website immediately.
Using a good online service we can overcome all issues and the candidate can reach the best possible university he/she deserves. So, knowing all the points above, we can make a successful online admissions in a short time without facing any problems.
Many colleges and universities demand a college admission essay as part of their admission application. Even scholarship applications frequently added one or more essays in addition to such objective information as grades and test scores. The standard question asks you to share your personal information which allows the selection committee to get to know you particularly your plans or goals, important event in your life, your philosophy and your beliefs, or your financial situation.
Writing college admission essay is a golden chance for you to stand out among other applicants and to prove that you are one among the most deserving candidate.
As you write the essay, there are necessary points to remember. Let us discuss about it
1. Analyze what the question asks you exactly. And again list some suitable main ideas; use it as an informal outline for your essay.
2. Avoid writing a “general” essay which could pass for one that any other applicant could have written. Whatever written in the essay should describe something about your uniqueness. Any reader of your essay should feel as if he or she catches up your pleasing personally.
3. Remember that committee members are looking for an applicant who fits the mission of their institution and is best of their award. Customize your college admission essay topic with their aspect in mind, and work to gain the confidence of them that you are the right candidate.
4. If you have bother thinking of ideas, be creative. Ask people’s idea who know you well what they would say about you. If someone has written a letter of advice for you, re-read it. Which achievements listed on your resume might interest the committee?
5. Avoid word repetition in the information which is already on your application form. Your essay should include particular happening and detail examples.
6. Avoid using long words and confused vocabulary for just to impress the committee; doing so will come across as fake and showy.
7. See the instructions especially font size and essay length. A typed essay also might be needed; and sometimes, you have to hand-write it. And also it is on the application form; it must be on a different sheet. Whatever your college admission essay is, but if you don’t follow the instructions, this will make a negative impression and may actually not qualify you.
8. The shape of your essay is substantial. Make sure all the words are correct especially grammar and punctuation in a neat and tidy paper. The committee may not reach you personally; this essay may be the one reason for their selection. A dirty paper will cause them to see you as unqualified, in spite of the error of this judgment.
9. For different applications can use the same ideas and essay and sometimes even the same college admission essay. Make a review every now and then so that the essay topic responds exactly to the question. Even though you have already used it for other applications, the committee should not be able to tell that this essay was not originally written as a response to their question.
This article is to help students in finding out which career option which is best for them. It will also help to identify your own career options in the particular organization. There are number of career options available for you based on your qualification.
When one select a career option, first thing one need to learn about several options offered according to the qualification and interest. Today there are many opportunities which are available. Though, it is important to select best possible option among all options. So before one makes any conclusion, it is very important to be aware about many career options one can go for.
You should decide on your career depend to your interest and qualification as you will enjoy your work. It is also important to identify your strength and weakness to open the door to different opportunities. Using several tests, one can define your skill and interests and find a career option appropriately for you.
Choosing a Career
While choosing your career options, take into account your skills, interests and weaknesses. You should also see the scope and demand of that particular field as job outlooks play a vital role in selecting the options. If you choose a career which is more in demand, there are good chances in getting a good job.
Also Advertising, Architecture, CA (Chartered Accountancy), Engineering, HR (Human Resources), IT (Information Technology), Journalism, Medical, MBA, are among the highly paid salary career options. There are also other different career options which such as Aviation, Administrative Services, Automotive, Art, Pharmacy, Biotechnology, Bio-informatics, Economy, Fashion Designing, Law, Music, Physical Education, Retail, Research & Development and Sports.
While you explore career options, you must study in further detail about the nature of work, responsibility which is assigned to you, your roles and also the type of training that you need to take your career path according.
When you are looking for career options, do think about your personality traits, and extracurricular activities along with the interests, skills, hobbies.
List of Career Options
First and foremost thing you need to do is making a list of the career options which best suited with your interests and strengths. If we check around, we find that there are thousands of different professions and you have not checked all of them. If you want to do your career in research and development, then you just need to explore related to that field only.
Take advice from people from the field that you are looking for your career. And attend seminar and try to organize informational interviews with the people working in the same field. Try to know as many things as possible. There is no other option for this.
Prepare your resume. You have to finalize things soon, the early the better. Many people change their career options during their working lives. So, select your career options depend on your search and planning.
In the earlier article, we have mentioned about the Online Admission and here we are going to discuss the details about it.
Online Admissions is a process of filling the application form and submitting it to the respective institution online. On the successful submission of the form, the candidate will receive a reference code. This code is required in all the further communications with the institution. Candidates need not physically approach and get the application form from the college. In the online admissions process:
- Candidates search colleges through the online.
- They can download the application forms and submit to the particular institution.
- Once done with the submission of the form to the institution, the profile will be process. Depending on the profile, the eligible candidate’s form will be approved.
- Once get approved from the institution, candidates will make the amount paid as committed by the institution.
- And finally, after the successful completion of the admission, candidate can join the institution on the exact batch starting date without any delay.
From the past few years, students preferred to get admission through online than the usual admission process as it saves their time and money. The entire work can be done easily in one place as long as they are connected to the internet. Generally, completing the admission process is not an easy job, candidates have to struggle in getting his/her admission done. But now with the introduction of the Online Admissions makes easy to get admission in their preferred college with their choice of subjects without any delay. This not only helps student seeking admission but also parents who really don’t have the time to look out for their children. They can now check the online options at their convenience -from their work place, home, or even at the local cyber cafe/centre. We just need to log in to the particular institution sites which provide online admission and get all the information of that particular admission status.
Many Universities in developing country are practising this online admission process. In India also many Universities are practicing the same, as it is simple and fast without waste of anyone’s time. It also saves the needed effort from the students and the institutions too.
Again, admission applications differ from institution to institution.
Institutions have online application form:
By creating their own online application form. These web pages are generally maintained by the university’s web masters. Once the student submits all his/her educational profile, that data is downloaded directly to the school’s admissions office and process.
Institutes offer only the online counseling:
As it is also important part for the admission procedure. Here in this particular process, the online counseling helps the student choose the right career path where he can achieve his goal. There are lot of important benefits that are provided to the candidate. They provide support and guidance towards the development of career graph for the candidate visiting the site. Online chat with the counselor, personality development, mock interviews and aptitude tests are a few amazing benefits of the online process. The candidate is kept regularly updated about relevant events, newsletter, media etc. These steps make sure that the decision you make is a well informed one.
Advantages of Online Admission:
- Wherever you are, as long as you are connected to the Internet, your can get admission.
- You can apply to any university of any country through online.
- You save lot of time and money.
- You don’t need to stand in long queues to take/buy admission forms.
- Minimizes time of processing as compare to the manual.
- Candidates need not to take the trouble in collecting the application form from outstation institutions.
- Minimize excess data.
- Save the paper (admission forms).
Presently, India is placed the third largest higher education system in the world in terms of enrollment. Nevertheless, according to the number of institutions, India is the largest higher education system in the world which is compose of 17,625 colleges and 348 universities; 63 single deemed universities with enrolment of 60,000 students, and 7,650 unaided private colleges with enrollment of 31,50,000 students. This almost reach one-third of the total students are studying in unaided private institutions. Therefore, the consultation paper concludes that unaided institutions are ‘growing rapidly’ and others are ‘not growing at all.’
With such a large system, In India education system is in a impoverished condition. Student enrolment grew at an approximate rate of 8 percent between 1987 and 1993 but has now declined to 6 percent compound rate of growth. Even after nearly six ten of independence to India, the higher education system is not available to the people below poverty. Hardly 8 or 9 percent of the population between the age group of 17-23 years is enrolled in the institutions of higher education.
Some Common Problems of Indian Higher Education
Availability: Higher education system in India has grown over certain decades. With 290 university-level institutions, nearly 13,150 colleges, 90 lakhs students and 4, 30,000 teachers (approx.), India also have one of the world’s largest higher education systems. Yet, the outrage of this structure pales if we consider that only 9 per cent of the related age group answer themselves of higher education.
Changing ownership patterns: In higher education system is progressively being build up by public-private, private institutions, as the private sector also set up a new and demand-orientate educational delivery systems, since after 1997. Therefore, pockets of higher education have arisen as ‘high profit areas driven by shortages’. The demand pressures, in particular employment-oriented ones, have contributed greatly to the growth of the sector and have shifted the ownership structure of higher education. In India, the private sector includes 57 per cent of the total institutions of higher education in the 1980s. Its share has gone up in recent times.
Regional disparity: Including Maharashtra and the four southern states of India account for 32percent of the population. In terms of institutions of higher education learning, 47(approx.) per cent of total general education colleges, and almost 60(approx) per cent of professional institutions are situated here. The states of Bihar, Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh and account for 34 per cent of the population, but 23 per cent of general colleges and only 14 per cent of professional colleges. Within individual states, the course has been for colleges to open in certain urban areas. In Maharashtra, a state where the capacity of higher education institutions is almost high, the combination of availability of certain courses in certain cities is clear cut. More than 50 government colleges in India are in urban centre and not a single one is in rural areas in Orissa. The regional distinction is not only at a macro level, but also within regions in terms of quality and attention of the institutions.
Selective nature of specialization: One main reason for the different concentration of institutions within regions/cities has been the opening up of private institutes of higher education, which starts in the late 1980s. In India, growing of new private institutions is distinguished by an altered pattern with an access of only management institutes and engineering colleges. In 2000, there are more than 1,200 private engineering colleges and 720 private management institutes. In addition, these are established in certain cities and states.
The differential nature of educational costs: Altered department is conducted by raising the costs in some areas of higher education. More employment-oriented are explore as an investment for future income generation. Courses that do not guarantee employment remain relatively cheap and this is where the country’s economic difference is reflected, especially in higher education. Increasingly, education which would accomplish future income is becoming available to those who can afford it.
Mostly everyone wants to be observed and stand out. You can make your personality stand out in many good ways.
Check out the points how to make your personality stand out from other:
- Don’t be loud
We find noisy people to be irritating and annoying. We don’t like them to be with us.
- Knowing the right time to argue with someone is sensible
- Knowing the right time to speak up
Safeguard friends in difficult situations.
- Don’t be nervous to talk to others
Always look in the eye when you are talking to others that make you show more confident. Nobody wants to talk to someone who keeps staring at their feet.
- Have a sense of humor
Having the sense to do things in the right time is wise. Cracking a few jokes every now and then is good, but overdoing will bring bad impression to others.
- Don’t forget that personality doesn’t mean you should have a great looks
Good personality really means to tell people how you are -confidence in your eyes, voice and your face which should noticeably to others.
- Don’t be anxious to be different from other
People will like you for your rare personality.
- Be kind and understanding
People who really try these qualities to other can easily stand out among others.
Every year thousands of students are preparing to sit for different entrance tests. Now, as we all know CAT is starting again for the academic year 2010-11 on Wednesday, Oct 27. 2010. Many of us attend coaching classes. I know we tried our level best for the preparation of this particular Entrance Exam. But how many of us have a proper study plan for success?
Here today, we are not discussing about this entrance exams only but how to stud, how to plan our study time, choose particular task. Here i have some tips for this:
2) Prepare the study plan.
Now, let us discuss about the first point Create a study plan. What is a study plan? It is nothing but a planning that you develop yourself to help you reaching your goal. Develop a practical plan which provide according to your time by supporting the way you learn. This will let you to stick to your plan and learn at your own step that will automatically add to your learning process. As exam is approaching, you also need to create a proper plan that will help your study effectively and decrease your tension.
- How much time is still available?
- How difficult is that particular material and how much you have to cover?
- Know that you have any other important things.
- Know the exam format and how are competitive exams.
- Know the importance of the exam.
Secondly, how should we prepare the study plan? Here, first find out all your material that has to be covered and prepared a proper schedule which shows how, what, when you study each day. If you are already keeping up with the course work, revise what you have already covered. But if you are still back off the course, finish the readings and all which are still to be covered.
We can define Leadership as one who has the ability to get others readily to follow. The quality which makes one to stands ahead among the other ordinary employees. Leaders take responsibility, even if they actually do have responsibility. Great leaders are always ready to take responsibilities that are out of their control. Leaders don’t wait for other authority, they are stern, and before they take responsibility and act to make a difference. In times of critical situation, only leaders make the choice to take responsibility. They choose to make different choices, to take difference actions and change life’s situations.
Characteristics of a leadership quality are:
Honesty: Everyone prefers to follow an honest leader. When you start a leadership position, you need to accept that people will think you are a little dishonest and be ready to face all this. To be noticed as an honest leader, you have to go out of your way to demonstrate honesty. Other will not expect you are honest simply because you have never been finding out lying.
Dedication: This means consuming whatever time or energy is necessary to achieve the task at hand. A leader encourage by giving example, doing whatever it takes to complete the next step toward the vision. With giving a perfect example, leaders can show their followers that there are no nine-to-five varieties of jobs on the team, only opportunities to attain something great.
Creativity: This quality gives leaders the ability to see things visible that others have not seen and hence lead followers in new directions of their future. The most important question that a leader can ask is, “What if …?” Possibly the worst thing a leader can say is, “I know this is a dumb question …”
Fairness: Fairness means dealing with others normally and equally. A leader should analysis all the basis and inform to everyone out before he come up with the conclusion. He or she should avoid rising to conclusions based on incomplete evidence. When other notices that they are being treated honestly then they reward a leader with affection and dedication.
Inspiring: Being inspired by other actually means showing other clear picture and help them seeing ahead a definite bring out and comprehend how their part fits into the big picture. Learning to be inspiring is not that simple quality especially for an individual who lack of charm (charisma). It can be learned. Take a note of different people who inspire you and determined the way they communicate. Observe the ways to deeply express your vision. While there are always be space for improvement, a small investment in effort and awareness will give you a significant improvement in this leadership trait.
The admission process is not clean enough, leading to scope for widespread misconduct. In order to improve all these shortcomings, when we observe the current admission process and make it more understandable. Internet plays a vital role with our present life, so through the internet it has come up with a new admission called “Online Admission Application System”.
They just need to visit the admission website of the institute and the entire requirement like the selection procedure, eligibility test, numbers of seats, etc are mentioned in the website alone. On successful submission of the application the candidate receives a unique form no. against which the applicant is required to make the payment of the application form. Eligible students are delivered through the application and then published on the admission website. The system can also be programmed to electronically alert/inform the candidates about the result of the admission process. As the applicants information is entered by the candidate, this result in decreasing the change time for all the admission process. This not only saves a lot of time but also effort on the part of the institute as well as for the applicant. Besides, the merit list of the admitted students is generated automatically by the application, ruling out any chance of fraud. And hence, only the deserving candidates get admission to the institute.
Online Admission Application System has been approved. This system has received an approval from students, academics, and guardians. As, from the past few years, student preferred to get admitted rather than the usual admission as it saves their times and energy. Their work can be done easily in one place as long as they are connected to the internet. Sit in one place and get their work done soon. Usually getting admission done is not an easy thing that candidates have to struggle in getting his/her admission done especially in good colleges. But now with the online admission they can easily get admitted in their choice college with their prefer subjects without any delay. This not only help student seeking admission but also parents who really don’t have time to look out for their kids, they can also check through online from their work place, at home, or now a days we also get cyber café/centre mostly in each locality. We just need to log in and get all the information of that particular admission status. This has been practice in university in developing country and also now in India also many universities are practicing as all is simple and fast with wasting anyone’s time and need no much effort from the student neither the institution side too. But rather saves time.